As of this Wednesday (20), workers born in January can make an extraordinary withdrawal from the Severance Indemnity Fund (FGTS), in the amount of up to R$ 1 thousand.
The amount to be withdrawn depends on the total amount that the person has in the fund. The so-called extraordinary withdrawal takes place until June. After employees born in January, it will be the turn of those born in February to receive the money. Withdrawal is from April 30th.
On this first day of withdrawals, around 3.9 million workers born in January will benefit, with a total of R$ 2.7 billion.
Who can receive?
Any person who has an active or inactive account in the Severance Indemnity Fund (FGTS) can withdraw. However, amounts that are blocked in the account, as a guarantee for credit operations in anticipation of an anniversary withdrawal, for example, cannot be withdrawn.
Each worker can withdraw a maximum limit of R$ 1 thousand, even if they have more than one account linked to the FGTS. Whoever has less than R$ 1 thousand will withdraw less.
FGTS extraordinary withdrawal calendar 2022
The withdrawal calendar varies according to the worker’s birthday. Look:
– birth month: January / Amounts released in: april 20
– birth month: February / Amounts released in: April 30th
– birth month: March / Amounts released in: 4th of May
– birth month: April / Amounts released in: may 11
– birth month: May / Amounts released in: 14th of May
– birth month: June / Amounts released in: 18th of May
– birth month: July / Amounts released in: May 21
– birth month: August / Amounts released in: may 25th
– birth month: September / Amounts released in: 28th of May
– birth month: October / Amounts released in: 1st of June
– birth month: November / Amounts released in: June 8th
– birth month: December / Amounts released in: 15th of June
Read too | Extraordinary FGTS withdrawal starts this Wednesday (20); learn how to sign up to receive up to R$ 1 thousand
How to consult?
The worker can consult the amounts to which he is entitled through the FGTS application or through the Caixa Econômica Federal website.
On the date available for withdrawal, the money will be credited to the digital social savings. Through the Caixa Tem app, it is possible to move amounts digitally, such as transfers, Pix, payment of slips and bills or use the virtual debit card and QR Code to make purchases in establishments. The money will be available for withdrawal until December 15, 2022.
To know the exact amount and the date you will withdraw, just download the FGTS application and follow the following steps:
- Fill in the CPF and password (it can be the old one or register a new one);
- Answer a security questionnaire, with personal information;
- Read and accept the conditions of service;
- Click on Extraordinary Withdrawal.
Through the application it is also possible to inform that you do not want to receive the money, since the withdrawal is not mandatory. In this case, the amount will remain in the worker’s FGTS account.
Extraordinary FGTS Withdrawal
The bank expects to release around R$30 billion to around 42 million workers by the end of the year. The extraordinary FGTS withdrawal is part of a federal government strategy to inject resources into the economy and will be carried out in the Digital Social Savings Account, automatically opened on behalf of workers.